ATHENA International Leadership Awards
3rd Annual Vermont
ATHENA Leadership Award® &
ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award®
The ATHENA Leadership Award® Gala announcing and honoring the 2021 award recipients will be held on Saturday, November 6th at the Capital Plaza Hotel from 5:30pm to 10pm.
The ATHENA Leadership Award® was inspired by the goddess of Greek mythology known for her strength, courage, wisdom and enlightenment – qualities embodied in the ATHENA Leadership Model. The Award is unique in both scope—local, national and international—and the ATHENA mission upon which it is based. The ATHENA Leadership Award® is presented to a woman —or man— who is honored for professional excellence, community service and for actively assisting women in their attainment of professional excellence and leadership skills.
Since the program’s inception in 1982, more than 7,000 exemplary leaders in over 500 communities have received the prestigious ATHENA Award in the United States, Bermuda, Canada, China, Greece, India, Russia, Unite Arab Emirates and United Kingdom. By honoring exceptional leaders, the ATHENA Leadership Award® Program seeks to inspire others to achieve excellence in their professional and personal lives.
The ATHENA Leadership Award® is presented annually by chambers of commerce, women’s organizations and universities. The award is established through local host organizations in partnership with ATHENA International’s national underwriters, local businesses and individual sponsors.
Nominations are solicited and an ATHENA sculpture is awarded to an individual in the community who meets specific criteria listed below.
ATHENA LEADERSHIP AWARD CRITERIA
ATHENA Leadership Award® recipients are individuals who:
• Have achieved the highest level of professional excellence
• Contribute time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community
• Actively assist others, particularly women, in realizing their full leadership potential.
· ATHENA Leadership Award Nominees may represent either the profit or not-for-profit sector.
· Previous ATHENA Leadership Award Recipients are not eligible for nomination; however past nominees may be nominated again.
· There is no minimum or maximum age qualification that must be met by ATHENA Leadership Award Nominees; however, ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award® nominees must be under 40 years old.
Completed Nominations are due by 5pm on SEPTEMBER 1, 2021
More information and registration to follow.
Many Thanks to the 2021 ATHENA Leadership Award® Sponsors!!!
The 2nd Annual Vermont
ATHENA Leadership Award® &
ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award® Gala