Why be a Member?
To improve the climate for doing business in the Central Vermont community!
Every business and professional in Central Vermont benefits from the work and activities of the Chamber, either directly or indirectly. We enhance the economic health and vitality and improve the quality of life for the entire Central Vermont region though our programs.
“A community is only as strong as its local Chamber of Commerce”- Cindy MarxKraus, Freelance Artist, Central VT Chamber member.
Marketing ~ Business Development ~ Public Policy ~ Community Promotion ~ Visitor Assistance ~ Networking
• Provide information and referrals to the thousands of visitors traveling to or through the area from our printed brochures, web site, office phones and travel plazas.
• Reduce unnecessary bureaucratic obstacles to the opportunity for appropriate growth and expansion of successful businesses in the area.
• Provide lawmakers and government officials with accurate economic and demographic data, trends, projections and constant assessment of business concerns and how these issues can best be addressed
• Provide materials and assistance to attract new business and industry suited to our area and labor force.
• Assist new workers and families in relocating to the region — providing the area with increased labor force, local tax and retail revenue.
• Coordinate the planning and efforts of regional organizations and associations to accomplish common community goals.
• Implement training programs and opportunities to improve and enhance the region’s labor force skills.
• Provide business-to-business networking opportunities, as well as discounts on products and services.
• All of these programs and services provided by the Central Vermont Chamber of Commerce are made possible by the direct investment of our membership. Without the active and continued participation of the business and professional community through membership and volunteer work, these benefits would not be possible.
“I just wanted to thank you for convincing me to join the Chamber, and for getting me in touch with a potential client last evening at the Chamber mixer (you’re too kind). That alone would’ve left me with a smile on my face, but after my 30 second new member introduction I was also approached by yet another Chamber member who also have some work they are interested in pursuing. To say that I have good feelings about joining the Chamber is the understatement of the year. But seriously, thank you so much again, I really appreciate it. I’m looking forward to future socials and to getting to know more of the members.” Ryan Edwards, R. Edwards & Company, Central VT Chamber member.
“Central Vermont is the best place on Earth. We love living here, we love working here and serving these communities and the Central Vermont Chamber of Commerce is the glue that holds us all together here in the business community and allows us to think in ways that are bigger than just the individual parts so when we all come together like this, we feel that energy, we feel that excitement, we feel like we want to go out and do it all over again every year. Go Central Vermont!”- Tom Leavitt, President, Northfield Savings Bank, Central VT Chamber member.