ATHENA Leadership Awards
The Second Annual Vermont ATHENA Leadership Award®
Call for Nominations
Completed nomination forms must be submitted to Central Vermont Chamber of Commerce by 5 p.m. on August 15, 2020.
The ATHENA Award® was inspired by the goddess of Greek mythology known for her strength, courage, wisdom and enlightenment-qualities embodied in the ATHENA leadership model. The Award is unique in both scope-local, national and international-and the ATHENA mission upon which it is based. The ATHENA Award® is a nationwide program designed to honor those who are mentoring women in business and helping them strive to attain their highest level of accomplishment and leadership.
In order to be receive the ATHENA Award®, the nominee must meet the four strict criteria:
• Assists women in achieving their full leadership potential
• A proven level of excellence and growth in a business or professional arena
• Perseverance, initiative and creativity in business, profession and/or community
• Ability to serve as a role model and advocate for women in the work place and community
•Previous ATHENA nominees are eligible for renomination
COMPLETING THE FORM
• Nominations or the ATHENA Award must be submitted using this nomination form (or a photocopy). Form must be typed or printed clearly.
• Five copies of the application and any supporting material must be submitted.
• A computerized (.pdf) version may be submitted.
• One additional sheet may be added to this form, and resumes may be submitted.
“Scrapbooks” or other separate supporting documents should not accompany the form. These materials will not be considered during the selection committee deliberations.
• Please review the nomination form carefully to ensure that comprehensive, quantitative information is supplied which demonstrates the involvement, achievement, and leadership accomplishments of your nominee. The more complete the information provided, the more useful this form will be for those who judge this important award.
ATHENA Leadership Award® nominees must work in Vermont. Prior recipients are not eligible.
A panel of prominent business leaders from across Vermont will review all nomination forms and select three ATHENA Leadership Award® finalists. All ATHENA nominees will be recognized at the ATHENA Award® Gala on Saturday, November 7th, 5:30 p.m. at Capital Plaza, Montpelier, Vermont and the 2020 Vermont ATHENA Leadership Award® recipient will be announced. An evening of dinner and dancing will honor the recipient and the ATHENA Model. The recipient must be present to accept their award. The applications will be judged by a group of impartial individuals who have been selected for their expertise and experience, and who are not themselves eligible for the award. The ATHENA Award® recipient will be announced on November 7, 2020 at our gala The ATHENA Award® dinner.
RETURN COMPLETED FORM BY August 15, 2020 to:
Central Vermont Chamber of Commerce
33 Stewart Road
PO Box 336
Barre, VT 05641
ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award®
Call for Nominations
The Athena Young Professional Award® program was founded in 2007 by Athena International to honor emerging women leaders who demonstrate excellence, creativity and initiative in their business or profession.
Recipients must also demonstrate their commitment to service by contributing time and energy to improving the quality of life of others in the community while serving as a role model for young women both personally and professionally.
The Young Professional award recognizes women under 40 years old who:
• Demonstrate excellence, creativity, and initiative in their business or profession.
• Provide valuable service by contributing time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community.
• Clearly serve as a role model for young women personally and professionally.
The Athena Young Professional Award® recognizes emerging leaders under 40 years old who demonstrate excellence, creativity, and initiative in their business or profession. Recipients must also show their commitment to service by contributing time and energy to improving the quality of life of others in the community while serving as a role model for young women both personally and professionally. We encourage you to review all of the below information carefully.
You may nominate yourself or others using the following criteria, and you may also submit nominations for multiple nominees. Also, please be as detailed as possible in order to give the selection committee enough information with which to consider the nominee. The more information, the better!
Please note: to apply for the Athena Young Professional Award® an individual must:
• Under 40 years of age at the nomination submission deadline to apply for the Athena Young Professional Award®.
• The nominee is ineligible if she has been nominated in the two consecutive years prior the current, anticipated nomination.
• The nominee should have a minimum of five years professional experience.